Create an art project with a MAM instructor from your home with Cyber Studio! We're making critters out of folded pages in a book, inspired by the bamboo stalks in Federico Uribe's exhibition, Animalia, at MAM.
- A book (at least 100 pages)
- colored paper
Follow these steps:
- Find the halfway point of the book
- Turn the book horizontal. Start with the middle page of the book. Fold the left corner to the center.
- Then fold the right corner to the center. It should create a point in the middle.
- then fold the middle to the center.
- Continue until you fold 25 pages in one direction.
- Turn the book around and fold 25 pages in the other direction.
- Once you have the “book body “ create your critter face.
- Use colored paper to create eyes, ears, whiskers, a nose, and mouth. Make sure to leave flaps on the ears for the glue.
- Glue the parts of the critter face to your book, and set them on a book shelf to keep an eye on things!
Share your critter on social media with #MAMCyberStudio