Create your own wearable artwork inspired by Keri Ataumbi with art educator Catherine Pezo.
- Collected Natural Materials:
- Optional: bird feathers
- Pipe cleaners
- Measure a pipe cleaner around your wrist for the base of your bracelet. Make sure it is big enough for you to take on and off.
- Twist the two ends of the pipe cleaner to secure.
- Twist another pipe cleaner onto the circle you made.
- Using your finger as a guide, make a loop and wrap the pipe cleaner around the base of your bracelet.
- Take a wildflower (or feather) and place it at the end of a loop.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around the base of your bracelet and the wildflower, making sure the stem of your wildflower is secured.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you reach the end, adding more pipe cleaners if needed. Weave in the ends of the flower stems as you go.