SummerART 2021 Policies and Procedures
Please read below before registering for camp or classes.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Safety guidelines are subject to change based on CDC recommendations.
Keeping everyone safe is a shared responsibility. Instructors, parents/guardians, and students are required to follow the safety protocols:
- An instructor or student who is feeling ill or displaying any symptoms of COVID will not be permitted to attend class. If symptoms arise during class, they will be sent home immediately.
- A questionnaire about health and exposure will be completed upon arrival. If an instructor or student has had contact with someone suspected or lab confirmed to be ill with COVID-19, they will not be permitted to enter the museum or attend class for 10 days.
- If an instructor or student is suspected or lab-confirmed to be ill with COVID-19, they must go home and not return to the museum or attend class for 10 days and until they are fever-free for at least 72 hours (3 days) without medication, other symptoms have improved, and it has been at least 7 days since onset of symptoms.
- Temperatures for all staff, instructors, and students will be taken and recorded daily.
- All staff and students must wash or sanitize their hands when coming in to class and every hour.
- Hand sanitizers are available for staff and students use.
- All staff and students must wear masks coverings over their nose and mouth.
- All staff and students must maintain a minimum of 6 feet from all others.
- Staff members and students cannot share any equipment or supplies, and each student will have designated supplies to use during camp.
- Students attending full day camp will eat lunch and have recess outside or under a tent.
- Parents, guardians, or caregivers must be present for drop-off, as MAM reserves the right to refuse admission to any student with incomplete health forms, elevated temperatures, or COVID-19 exposure concerns.
- Parents, guardians, or caregivers must be able to pick up their child within one hour’s notice if children display any COVID-19 symptoms, or other illness.
- MAM reserves the right to cancel a camp or class or transfer a camp or class to the online Zoom platform at any time, in the event of possible COVID-19 exposure.
The Ceramics Studio has plexiglass dividers between wheels to the left and right of each student and n front of each student, touchless sinks with foot pedals, improved air circulation, and an enhanced cleaning protocol between classes.
SummerART at Van Vleck
All attendees of camp at Van Vleck House and Gardens are required to sign a waiver specific to this off-site location. The waiver will be provided upon registration.
We are working to keep you safe and healthy, but we cannot guarantee complete elimination of possible exposure to COVID-19. By entering the Museum you assume the risk of such exposure.
We are taking extra precautions in our classrooms including disinfecting the space before and after each class. All students and Instructors are required to wash their hands before entering the classroom, and repeat once every hour class is in session. Students and Instructors must maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance from each other and are required to wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose completely.
Please do not attend class if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- The Montclair Art Museum (MAM) accepts registrations online, by phone at 973-259-5139, or by e-mail to [email protected]. Walk-in registrations cannot be accepted.
- Registrations are processed in the order in which they are received and class enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. MAM members at any level can take advantage of priority registration in advance of open enrollment.
- Registration is complete when MAM is in receipt of full payment. No confirmations will be sent in the mail. An e-mail, mailing address, and phone number are required at time of registration.
- Classes and camps not meeting a minimum enrollment one week prior to the first day will be canceled.
- Students enrolled in both morning and afternoon teen classes must be picked up at the end of the morning class and dropped back off at the start of the afternoon class. Supervision will not be provided during this time.
- Students enrolled in both morning and afternoon sessions at Van Vleck Gardens must be picked up at the end of the morning session and dropped back off at the start of the afternoon session. Supervision will not be provided during this time.
- Students enrolling after the start of the session are still required to pay full tuition. Tuition is not pro-rated.
- MAM will send an e-mail with camp confirmation and parent packet for all child camps and teen classes that includes forms to be filled out prior to the first day of camp.
- MAM reserves the right to refuse admission or dismiss any student due to inappropriate behavior as outlined in the SummerART parent packet.
- Student credits are no longer issued.
REFUNDS FOR CHILDREN’S CAMPS AND TEEN’S CLASSES DURING SUMMERART
Full refunds will be provided in the event that a class, workshop, or camp does not meet minimum enrollment and is canceled. All other refunds are subject to a nonrefundable $25 administrative fee.
Tuition will be refunded if notice of withdrawal is provided at least 30 DAYS prior to start date of the summer session from which you are withdrawing. If notice of withdrawal is given less than 30 DAYS prior to the start date of the session from which you are withdrawing, you will receive a 50% refund, less the $25 administrative fee. No refunds will be given after the start date of the session for which you are enrolled. The $25 administrative fee and Museum membership are non-refundable.
Gift certificates are available for classes. Contact the Education Office at [email protected].
Students may transfer to any camp or class not already filled within the first two weeks of classes or first two days of the SummerART kids and teen session.
MAKE UP CLASSES + SUBSTITUTE INSTRUCTORS
Due to the full schedule of camps and teen classes during SummerART, classes will not be made up. Students missing class by their own choice will not receive a make-up class, refund, or credit. MAM reserves the right to substitute instructors of equal caliber in an emergency.
Photographs, screenshots, and/or interviews may be taken of students, children, and parents, and their artwork, and may be published and used to promote MAM’s programs. If you do not want yourself, your child, or your child’s artwork photographed, please notify the Museum in writing at [email protected]rtmuseum.org.
MAM is not responsible for artwork and other property left on the premises, and has no liability if such property is stolen.
MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES
Materials for children’s and young teen courses and camps are provided. Spray paints, fixatives, and aerosols are prohibited. Each student will receive their own supplies for use during the camp session.
Member benefits include priority registration and reduced tuition fees for studio classes, workshops and camps. Members also receive free admission to MAM, discounts to local restaurants and The Store at MAM, invitations to Openings, and more. Membership categories and complete benefits are available on the MAM website.
PLEASE NOTE: The Art School tuition discount applies to the member only for Student and Individual memberships. However, Family level memberships and higher categories entitle all members of the immediate family to tuition at the reduced member rate. Single memberships are not offered for children under age 18. Therefore, to be eligible for the reduced member rate for children’s and teen’s classes or camps, the child’s family must have a current Family or higher membership. Membership dues may be paid at the time of registration. If your membership is due to expire during the upcoming class session, please include your renewal payment with your registration fee. For more information, call the Membership Department at 973-259-5151 or email [email protected]
TERMS OF REGISTRATION
By registering, you agree to the contents herein including following statement:
In consideration of the benefit for which I, or my child, will derive from these activities, I hereby release the Montclair Art Museum (MAM), its trustees, staff, parents, and any other affiliated individuals associated with the Yard School of Art from any and all claims or actions whatsoever in connection with the operation and supervision of these activities. I understand that MAM does not have an onsite nurse or any other medical professional. Staff members will not administer medications and do not have the ability to monitor medical conditions. In the event of an emergency, the MAM staff will seek outside medical assistance. Nuts and nut products are not permitted during camp, and the museum uses non-toxic art supplies for kids studio classes; however, MAM does not guarantee that it is an allergen-free facility.
In the event that I cannot be contacted and the person that I have designated cannot be contacted or in the event of an emergency where there is not sufficient time to contact me or my designee, I hereby authorize MAM’s staff to act on my behalf with regard to medical treatment of myself or my child. Without limitation, I authorize transportation and medical treatment for me or my child. I understand that the staff of MAM will make every effort to contact me, or my emergency contact, during an emergency.
My child has permission to take part in all activities at MAM. In addition to activities that take place on MAM grounds, I give my child permission to take walking tours under the supervision of MAM staff.
Last updated 3/19/2021