The first Thursday of the month (October–June), MAM is open late, 5–9 p.m., with free admission, dynamic programming, live music, tours, and a bar. Offerings will change on a monthly basis, providing something new to see or do at every First Thursday Night.
- Full-service bar, 5–9 p.m., with special First Thursday Night prices in partnership with Pig & Prince Restuarant & Gastro-Lounge
- Tours will be offered every hour on the half hour (5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m.).
- Live music, 5–9 p.m., provided by the Montclair State John J. Cali School of Music Jazz Studies.
- Draw Along Workshop, 5–9 p.m. – Come draw with us! Grab a pencil and some paper and try your hand at sketching with one of the Yard School of Art's teaching artists. Take your turn at drawing from a live model or observe as an expert captures a likeness. Supplies are provided for this free activity.
- Artist Talk: Monika Bravo, 6:45 p.m. – Two works by the multidisciplinary artist Monika Bravo are on view on MAM’s outdoor video monitors. Join MAM for a talk with Bravo, whose works incorporates still and moving images as well as sound and interactivity to explore our emotional and cognitive relationships to the world that surrounds us.
- Behind the scenes at the Montclair Film Festival, 8 p.m. – Get a sneek peak of the upcoming Montclair Film Festival line-up with artistic director Thom Powers.
Save the date!
We encourage you to bring groups to Free First Thursday Nights! We ask that groups of 10 or more RSVP to email@example.com
. In return, we'll give your group a special mention on the Free First Thursday Nights webpage.
Visitors are encouraged to share their Free First Thursday Nights experience on social media. Find the Museum on: