- Paper or Plastic Cup
- Yarn, Raffia, or Strips of Paper
- Measure the circumference of the cup.
- Create evenly spaced marks but it must be an odd number of spaces.
- Cut down to the bottom of the cup so there’s an odd number of spokes
- Tie a knot around one spoke
- Going in one direction around the cup, weave in and out of each spoke in an over/ under pattern
- Go around a few times and push yarn to the bottom of the cup to create a tight weave
- To change colors or to end a string, tie a knot, tuck it into the back
- Wrap to the top of cup, and tie the end.
Store any objects you would like inside. It makes a great pencil holder or gift!