Use recycled materials in your house to create your own museum inspired by Montclair Art Museum and its collection. Share your #MAMCyberStudio project with us on social media!
Looking for more ways to be creative? Online spring classes for all ages start soon!
Aggie's Museum is inspired by
- William Baziotes, Toy Animals
- Milton Avery, Trees: Thick and Thin
- Smith Juane, War Shirt
- Hank Williams, Ernest and Ruth
- Recycled box
- scissors of exacto knife
- metallic markers
- oil pastels
- black sharpie
- glue or Velcro
- Open up a shipping box. Then, cut of the top and bottom panels.
- Use the cut pieces to make art for your collection and signs for your museum. When making your art, check out MAM's Instagram for inspiration. All family can participate. Don't forget to decorate your frames.
- Create signs and other decorations to put on the outside of your museum.
- You can use Velcro (if you want to rotate your collection) to exhibit your work or glue (if you want it to be permanent).
- Use the end tab on the box to put your box back together. I used Velcro to be able to open my museum and change the collection.
- You can continue creating! Make a sculpture to put in the middle of the museum using clay or your remaining cardboard.